Monday, January 27, 2014

The Chosen One, John 3:16 and #ThePeople's Journey To The Mountaintop of #Equality In The 21st Century

Humour & laughter have gotten me through every conceivable scenario in life.

So lest one becomes tarnished with the simpleton misconception that The Chosen One is afflicted with dementia complicated by persecutory delusions, let us judge not.

First, I laugh at myself. All the time.

Second, if I couldn't laugh at the predicaments, the proverbial curve balls that come my- and every human being's- way, my God, what good is life but to perish at the earliest opportunity?

Soooo, as a nod to hip-hop's defiant moxie, I, the non-believer, anointed myself The Chosen One-inspired by the Sugarhill Gang.

Believers gasp. But wait...

If you're a believer, then you must know that we are all God's children. If you're a believer, then you must believe that I, too, Am His Beloved Child.

And we know that to be chosen by #Heavenly Father does not mean life is a feast, that with a wave of your hand, everyone cowers & obeys your command, that the best things in life showers you with abundance. Allegorically speaking, it's quite the opposite of fame, power or fortune to be The Chosen One (therein lies my humour).

Like a lot of people, I'm a sports fan. At every sports venue, we see the familiar John 3:16. I am not a biblical scholar so a google search reveals:
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
And there we find the truth of The Chosen One. We The People have heard of another of God's children, Jesus Christ.

Like that other Child, The Chosen One's journey is not a road paved with gold. It is not a life of opulence, of excess, of wealth & power. Actually, existence for The Chosen One is lined with obstacles & challenges.

The Chosen One's journey is a life of arduous lessons, of mountains to climb, of battles fought for the forgotten & the dispossessed, of understanding the meaning of existence and, ultimately, of love for fellow woman & man kind.

One cannot be The Chosen One because life is easy.

I Am The Chosen One because I know that We The People, together-- our struggles are surmountable & that-- We Shall Overcome.

We can clean up #WallStreet & government corruption, the backwards ineptitude of the #statusquo that holds fast to its grip on the public. The status quo of racism, of prejudice & income inequality will be defeated by 2020.

#ThePeople do not need power or wealth at all. God has given #MainStreet #socialmedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment